Search squid archive

Re: Squid performance issues

Felipe W Damasio wrote:
  Hi Mr. Robertson,

2010/1/26 Chris Robertson <crobertson@xxxxxxx>:
 Do you have any idea or any other data I can collect to try and
track down this?

Check your log rotation schedule.  Is it possible that logs are being
rotated  at midnight?  I think that the swap.state file is rewritten when
"squid -k rotate" is called.  Check the beginning of your cache.log to
verify.

  I don't use -k rotate.

Err... Really? Last I heard, calling "squid -k rotate" (aside from the obvious logfile rotation) prunes the swap.state file. Not doing so would lead to your swap.state growing without bounds.

Chris