Search squid archive

Re: what do i need to get the job done, performance squid

Chris Robertson wrote:
william wrote:
i would assigh 12GB memcache and four disks with diskd to each instance.

Last I heard, diskd was not the recommended cache_dir algorithm under Linux. If you are looking for maximum performance, Squid 2.7 with a combination of COSS and aufs is the current route to take. On the other hand, the 3.1 branch of Squid is where the majority of development effort is being focused.

I thought about diskd for some threading. But if COSS is the way to go i will set that up.
I also think about squid 3.1 because of the nice features implemented.

Chris

William