Search squid archive

Re: OT N1

Glenn English wrote:
I'm trying to force a host to go through a proxy without it wanting to.

I'm one of the 3 or 4 people who bought a Google Nexus One on day 0. It's a reasonably delightful gadget, with one monster flaw: it isn't possible to set a web proxy (without significant warranty voiding). I'm doing my own DHCP and DNS in house, so it's going through a PIX and stuff to get to the 'Net.

Do any of you know of a way to force traffic for port 80 to go to squid on my LAN server (192.168.3.3)? Like routing / ACL rules in the PIX?

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/CiscoPixWccp2

Then have a look at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/#Squid_WCCP_end-point for tips on setting your OS up to decapsulate the GRE tunnel and getting Squid to accept the intercepted traffic.

I know how to route or NAT an IP address, but not a port number. I don't expect it to go through a proxy except when it's on wifi, running with info my DHCP server gives it.

I've thought about having DHCP tell the N1 to use the server for a gateway (and do some fiddling with iptables there) instead of the PIX; and trying to get squid to listen on port 80. Seems like a bit of a kludge...

Google and O'Reilly haven't come up with anything useful so far.

TIA.

Chris