Search squid archive

Host File being ignored

Hi,

I'm pretty new with squid, but before post in the list I spend a LOT
of time(over 2 days) trying to get an answer for my problem... but no
luck... Here's the scenario:

I have a firewall(shorewall) and squid + squidGuard in the same box,
everything works perfect, there's just an issue, any domain I specify
in the host file (windows or linux) for some reason is being ignored,
well I don't really know if the correct word is ignored... I'm pretty
sure there's a logical answer for what's going on. If I add a domain
in the host file and do a ping to the domain I just add, I get the ip
I specify in the host file but when I try to access the website from
the browser it goes to the real ip of the domain not the one in the
hosts file.

I hope someone can help on this one.

Thanks for your time.