Search squid archive

Re: Setting up authentication

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:32:17 -0800 (PST), Mattps
<matt.standing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Amos,
>
> I did look here first but I don't really understand what needs to be
done.
> Most of the example mention Unix/Linux etc.

Simply because most squid run on Linux/Unix. And for Auth there are more
ways to do it there than on Windows.

> All I have is a Windows 2k3 server and a bunch of XP clients that I want
> allow/deny access by the Active Directory username.
>
> Can this be achieved?

Provided AD is all setup properly.
there are specific NTLM, Negotiate, and Active Directory examples:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples#Authentication