Search squid archive

Re: Email alerts

Mattps wrote:
I have installed Squid and it is running without fault. I have modified the
block URL page so that it has the company logo, IT policy links etc. What I
am trying to acheive is for the page to send an administrative email with
the user details and visited URL when the block page is triggered.
I have tried using vbs in the web page but it seems that squid ignores it.

Yes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

You have two approaches. Logging requests and sending the admin a periodic summary.

Or creating some external_acl_type helper to do the blocking and reporting in a single step.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15