Search squid archive

Re: RE: Squid Question?

Johann Terblanche wrote:
Hi Kinkie

I've looked deeper into my https issue with squid.

IE7 seems to work fine with Dansguardian and Squid.
Mozilla 3.5.7 seems to have problems to configure with ads auth

I have bypassed Dansguardian and connected directly to squid on port
3128
and it still does the same which tells me that I have something in my
squid configured incorrect with SSL connections.

OS Ubuntu 9
Squid 2.7

acl SSL_ports port 443		# https
acl SSL_ports port 563		# snews
acl SSL_ports port 873		# rsync
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

Mozilla is also tricky with ftp sites unless I add the username and
password to into the url.

After many years of blaming that FTP issue on the browsers we found a bug in squid and it suddenly started working. FTP does require basic authentication though. If you need FTP auth give Squid 3.1 a try.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15