Search squid archive

Re: WCCP

Ross Kovelman wrote:
From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:32:17 +1300
Cc: "squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  WCCP

Ross Kovelman wrote:
I am going to be using WCCP.  I did another reconfigure with the --enable
WCCP option.  How can I check that it is on and running?  The next step I
need to do is upgrade to version 2 since the Cisco only communicates on
version 2.  I tried to do the patch < upgrade patch but then I get a
response with path to upgrade and I am not sure where the file is I need
patch.
There is zero need to patch for support WCCPv2. It's been built into
Squid for many years now.

Run "./configure --help".
  * If it lists "--disable-wccpv2" there is no need to do anything.
  * If it lists "--enable-wccpv2" , add that to your build options.
  * If it does not mention "wccpv2" at all upgrade your Squid version.

Then setup squid.conf with the relevant wccp2_* options.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ or the wiki example configs have
details on those.

Amos
--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14

Amos,

Thanks again. Running the ./configure --help only says this:
 --disable-wccp          Disable Web Cache Coordination V1 Protocol
 --disable-wccpv2        Disable Web Cache Coordination V2 Protocol

When I did the install I ran the ./configure --enable wccp option. I didn't
say --enable-wccpv2, does this matter?  I also have this in the config:
wccp2_router 192.168.16.1
wccp2_forwarding_method 1
wccp2_return_method 1

I am running Squid Web Proxy 2.7.STABLE5.

Okay. Thats fine.

The ./configure results mean that both WCCP versions are built into Squid by default unless you explicitly say --disable. Nothing extra needed to build them.

The config options you have there are already WCCPv2-only options for Cisco. Nothing new needed there either.

If thats not working its a config error somewhere.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14