Search squid archive

Re: squid conf removing squid version from error pages

2009/8/20 J Webster <webster_jack@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Is there a squid.conf setting to remove the version id from squid error
> pages (squid/x.x.STABLExx) or do all the error pages have to be modified
> separately?

No that configure directive in squid.conf.
But, if you really want, you could modify the "configure" file before
"./configure".
Consider this script to do the modification:

#!/usr/bin/perl

my $file = "configure";
my @c;

open HD, $file or die $!;
while(<HD>) {
    push @c,$_;
    if (/Define the identity of the package/) {
        scalar <HD>;
        scalar <HD>;
        push @c, " PACKAGE='wanted package name'\n";
        push @c, " VERSION='1.2.3'\n";
    }
}
close HD;

open HDW, ">", $file or die $!;
print HDW for @c;
close HDW;

__END__

BTW, we had 200+ squid boxes running for about 1000 millions page
views each day.
But we never modified squid's version. We were just proud that us
using squid for web accelerating.

Jeff.