Search squid archive

Re: Squid Error Assistance Needed.

gn0m3 schrieb:
Hi guys,

I added a new acl into the squid.conf file and now the service will not
start. I have taken out what I put in and re-saved then rebooted the server.
Still no joy. The error tells me it is in line 54 which is as follows

http_access allow manager localhost

When i launch squid directly in the terminal it tells me ACL localhost not
defined, yet it is (see below)

Where? I only see an ACL "to_localhost" ...
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8

http_access allow manager localhost
that can't work ... remember that the items behind the acl keyword are not the system's interface names but just strings that might happen to have the name of an interface - and each must be defined separately. It is better to never rename existing things but instead make copies and leave the defaults.

HTH,
Jakob