From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: Tom Penndorf <tpenndorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cc: Vivek <viveksnv@xxxxxx>; squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 3:59 pm

Subject: Re:  wccp service lost issue

Tom Penndorf wrote:

Hello,

Vivek schrieb:

Amos,

I am rotating the logs using " squid -k rotate ". In the crontab,

0 */1 * * * /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k rotate

I think, this will cause squid to do an reload, so it will shortly
stop

the wccp-service. Perhaps, you should rotate the files only once a
day.

"-k rotate" was the right way to do it. Only reloads the helpers and

rotates the logs.

WCCP and other public-facing services should not be seeing any loss of

service at all on rotate. Worst case is a short[1] lag while the store

index journal gets rebuilt and dumped to disk.

[1: for various definitions of 'short'.]

Is there any sign in cache.log of Squid crashing at or around those times?

2.7 has an auto-restart built in that may be masking it from notice.

Tom

squid version - squd-2.7 Stable 6

IOS version - 12.4(15)T6

Thanks,