Search squid archive

Re: age in the refresh_pattern

Stand H wrote:

--- On Thu, 7/2/09, Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  age in the refresh_pattern
To: "Stand H" <hstandit@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 7:15 PM
Stand H wrote:
Hi,

        FRESH if expires
< now, else STALE
        STALE if age
max
        FRESH if
lm-factor < percent, else STALE
        FRESH if age
< min
        else STALE

Can someone show how to calculate the age here? Is it
age=Now-LM or age=time since the object stored in the
cache?
Age = time in seconds since value of Date: header received
with the Object.

Date: header in future are cropped to NOW.

Amos
-- Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.9

Thanks, Amos.

I am confused when I read this thread http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200710/0680.html

I think the max still can be used even the response has no LM header. Can you clarify?

No, I don't know whats going on inside your head so I can't explain what you are thinking of.

Yes, The answer that came out does match the algorithm you are talking about.

What if the response Date header is one day behind NOW? Is the response 1 day one by the time it reach the Cache?

Yes. Exactly. Date: is supposedly when the object was last sent from the web server. If its already saying 1 day old, then the object is supposedly 1 day old and should be treated as such during the calculation.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.9