Search squid archive

Re: age in the refresh_pattern

--- On Thu, 7/2/09, Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re:  age in the refresh_pattern
> To: "Stand H" <hstandit@xxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 7:15 PM
> Stand H wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> >         FRESH if expires
> < now, else STALE
> >         STALE if age
> > max
> >         FRESH if
> lm-factor < percent, else STALE
> >         FRESH if age
> < min
> >         else STALE
> >
> > Can someone show how to calculate the age here? Is it
> age=Now-LM or age=time since the object stored in the
> cache?
> >

> Age = time in seconds since value of Date: header received
> with the Object.
>
> Date: header in future are cropped to NOW.
>
> Amos
> -- Please be using
>   Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE6 or 3.0.STABLE16
>   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.9

Thanks, Amos.

I am confused when I read this thread http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200710/0680.html

I think the max still can be used even the response has no LM header. Can you clarify?

What if the response Date header is one day behind NOW? Is the response 1 day one by the time it reach the Cache?

Thanks.

ST