Search squid archive

Re: Architecture

2009/6/27 Chris Robertson <crobertson@xxxxxxx>:

> I'm running a strictly forward proxy setup, which puts an entirely different
> load on the system.  It's also a pretty low load (peaks of 160 req/sec at
> 25mbit/sec).

Just another random datapoint - I've just deployed my Squid-2
derivative (which is at least as fast as Squid-2.HEAD) as a forward
proxy on some current generation hardware. It's peaking at 700
requests/sec and ~120mbit a sec with a ~ 30% byte hit rate.

A reverse proxy with a high hit rate should do quite a bit better than that.

Adrian