Search squid archive

Re: Multiple Parent Proxies

Raspino,Brian M. wrote:
Wow, my apologies, I did not mean to resend that, I meant to send this
instead:

Hello,
I am kind of new to squid and I keep getting this Failed to Select
Source Error in my var/log file.  What I am trying to do is have quid
forward connections to another proxy if the destination is within a
particular network.  To do this I modified the squid.conf as such:

Acl acl_plant1 dst 10.97.20.98/27
Cache_peer_access 'ip of proxy' allow acl_plant
Never_direct allow all

This means...

1) For any destination in 10.97.20.97-10.97.20.127 use 'ip of proxy' as a parent
2) Never try to go direct for any reason

...which leaves traffic for any other destination without a path (and leads to a "Failed to Select Source" error).

I'm not really sure what's wrong, I'm assuming that its having trouble
connecting to the next proxy but I don't know why.

You might eliminate the "never_direct allow all" and instead set both "prefer_direct" and "nonhierarchical_direct" to off. An alternative would be "never_direct allow acl_plant1". But those are just a guesses based on the limited information given.

Thanks for any Help,
Brian

Chris