Search squid archive

Re: squid stalls then after refresh works

Nathan Ridge wrote:
Hi There,

I am having quite an odd problem and was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

We are running squid 2.7 + WCCP2 + Lusca + COSS. Its running very well
except some sites ( 2 that are giving me the immediate issue
ww.apple.com.au and www.abc.net.au )
start to load, then stall waiting on data. Most sites appear to work
fine except for this few that I have come across and im sure there is more.

After playing around with kernel tcp settings and squid configuration
with no success, I noticed I was able to get the page to load simply by
holding down
shift and clicking refresh. When I do this the page successfully loads &
very quickly. If I then click another link on the same page, it starts
to load then stalls...
Shift + refresh again and it loads the new page.

Has anyone had this before or have any ideas?

First determine whether its a Squid issue or a Lusca issue or a website issue.

I usually find that claims of slowness on large corporate sites is determined by the amount of external advertising inserts they contain.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8