Search squid archive

Betr.: [squid-users] How does Squid handle bandwidth distribution

Mark Lodge <mlodgesa@xxxxxxxxx> geschreven:> Can squid do 'fair bandwidth sharing' ?
> What i mean is, if there is 1 user online on a 4mg line, that user will
> be using the entire 4mg line speed, and if there are 2 users online,
> each user will have 2mg line speed, and so on.
> I have squid cache set up already, but i just need to know how bandwidth
> distribution/sharing can be handled
>
> Can squid also be used to limit/disconnect users after they have used up
> their allotted bandwidth?
>
> [I have a mikrotik router connected to the adsl (for wireless users)]
>
> I would really appreciate your comments and help
> Thank you

Yes it does, sort of. It's called delay pools. See google i.e.: http://quark.humbug.org.au/publications/squid/aclsquid.html

It might do what you need

Arnaud

--
Amarantis Onderwijsgroep
IT Architect

Amarantis Onderwijsgroep is de concernorganisatie van ISA-scholen en ROC ASA