Search squid archive

Re: Firefox road warrior autoconfig

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
Hi!

On 6/14/09, Yan Seiner <yan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is not really a squid question, but it is related and I can't find any
info on this.

 How does one go about configuring firefox to autoconfig a proxy when at
home and not when on the road?

 In other words, for a laptop, how do I use a proxy in a location where it's
required and not elsewhere without reconfiguring the browser?

If you are the sysadmin for the net that requires the proxy, you could
use proxy autoconfiguration.  This would require a combination of dhcp
and/or dns (depending on the network configuration).  I use to suffer
from this, I move from client to client, and every client have their
own proxy config, I'm used to reconfigure the browser for every place
I go.

Which is all documented here:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringBrowsers

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1