Search squid archive

Re: Squid with Oracle

Peter Harrison (C) wrote:
Hello everyone, I have a new project here at work. Basically I need to
know if Squid will proxy Oracle traffic

Basically no. Squid is an HTTP proxy.
Oracle must wrap its traffic into HTTP requests for Squid to have a chance.
I have no info on whether oracle can do that wrapping.

> and if it will understand LDAP.

Squid has auth helpers to do LDAP on _HTTP_ requests.

For instance after LDAP answers and the client comes back with Server
name(host of the DB,  port and DB instance.  Will proxy understand the
DB Instance name ie Foobar? Will it be able to reach that instance or is
it going to strip that info and the connection will fail?

As well has anyone every used this to proxy Sybase?

Peter C. Harrison

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1