Search squid archive

Re: Squid Scalability

Gavin McCullagh wrote:
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009, Amos Jeffries wrote:

Despite many years of asking, few people have ever supplied the squid project with relevant benchmarking info. We depend on volunteers so there are no hard numbers available publicly yet.

Is there a doc stating exactly what benchmarks you want and how to present
them?  I'm sure I could pull some out.

Gavin

AFAIK, measurement factory are working on a more rigorous benchmarking basis.

For now what we need are the hit/miss ratios and user numbers from Squid under peak load, and a few other details to guide comparisons.

  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/Benchmarks
details what we are looking for right now and where to locate it.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6