Search squid archive

Re: Daily log rotate

Bora Özden wrote:
Hi,
I would like to make the squid logs to be rotated  and looking at the
/etc/logrotate.d/squid file but not sure about all the parameters (what
they mean) written there. I need then make them archived (send to a
server via ftp, have an old script doing this at the old server , will
look at it and copy it to the production one) .And also when i give the
command
squid -k rotate command to rotate the log files i get " No running copy"
, but the proxy is working and still giving service, also can see  on
the  tail -f access.log.

So for doing this logrotate smoothly (not to fail) i wanted also to ask
to the list.

Regards

Bora Ozden

Something like this:

set squid.conf:
  logfile_rotate 0

Then in logrotate.d/squid (this is just off the top of my head, check the docs for corrections):

  postrotate {
    squid -k rotate
    /script/to/process/logfile /var/logs/suid/access.log.1
  }

Amos
--
Please be using