Search squid archive

Re: newbie question

Thanks for your replies, however I don't think I explained what I need very clearly as the reverse proxy seems to be concerned with enhancing performance of a web server. I don't have a webserver, I simply want squid to forward all requests without having to configure client proxy settings. Static dns entries in /etc/hosts pointing to squid will be on the client machine already, so squid needs to construct the absolute url from the host and url fields in the http header and forward to the origin servers. Squid acl rules and iptables will be used so this doesn't become an open proxy.

can this be done?

thanks again.