Search squid archive

Re: Squid cache problem

George wrote:
Hi,

I've set up the following acls/outgoing_ip settings in my squid:
acl ip1 myip 1.1.1.1
tcp_outgoing_address 1.1.1.1 ip1

for each IP I have on the server. I need this to be able to use each
IP of the server as the outbound one.

The problem is that if I use IP 1.1.1.1 then I can't switch to IP
1.1.1.2 without restarting squid or without waiting about 10-20
minutes. It is caching.

How can I disable this caching?

I've put: cache_dir null /null
but it does not help solve my IP caching problem.

How can I disable the squid caching completly?

I have squid-3.0.STABLE7-2 running on CentOS 4

Thanks

Squid receiving IP (myip) and sending IP (tcp_outgoing_address) are re-evaluated for every single outgoing connection. There is no caching of IPs involved.

Perhapse you have a 10-20 minute cycle on DNS IPs which your browser is using to connect to Squid with.

Perhapse you have persistent connections in use, which may cause a particular link to or from Squid to be re-used for different requests.

Perhapse what you are tying to do is not good network engineering.
Why is it so very important to you that in/out IPs are forcibly linked?

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3