From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas [mailto:uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:25 PM
To: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  squid cache URL as case-sensitive

On 15.01.09 16:13, Atef Alqashqish wrote:
I have squid 2.7 stable 3, I notice that squid cache the below URLs as
different URLs due to case:
http://myip/test.html
http://myip/TEST.html

for example, if the first page is cached, requesting the second page
will result in x-cache: miss!, I could not find away to make squid
ignore the case in the URL

create a redirector. HTTP was aafik not made to be case-insensitive, so the
case does matter.

RFC 2396 (web URL syntax) only defines the protocol and domain sections as case-insensitive. Leaving the path and query sections up to the filing system of the storage web server.

RFC 3986 (generic URI syntax) defines the "http://example.com"; part of URI as case-insensitive and explicitly states
  "The other generic syntax
   components are assumed to be case-sensitive unless specifically
   defined otherwise by the scheme"

This is one of the known bugs in Windows filesystem compatibility with the rest of the world.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3