Search squid archive

Re: Caching pages for users without a cookie (guest)

Elli Albek wrote:
Hi,
We have reverse proxy squid in front of an application server.
All static pages have cache headers and are cached properly.
We want to cache dynamic pages as well, only for users that are not logged in. A logged in user has messages on the home page (like "you have a 5 messages in your inbox"), so pages for logged in users should not be cached.

Your squid is most likely configured with "cache deny QUERY".

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent

This lets squid believe the cache-control headers received in dynamic requests.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3