Search squid archive

Re: Can I Force Connections To All or Some Sites To Traverse using HTTP 1.1?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
On 26.11.08 10:57, wiskbroom@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Please set up your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.

I have a proxy-to-proxy setup (without ICP) and it is working wonderfully
with the exception of cases whereby IE users attempt to connect to a
remote Citrix server.  The odd thing is that the errors encountered do not
seem to happen at all when users use Firefox.

When IE initiates traffic to the Citrix site, it uses HTTP 1.0, somewhere
along the way, the Citrix site (or other Proxy, which I have no control
nor ability to see into) returns HTTP 1.1 traffic.  At this point, the 1.1
trafic arrives back to my proxy, converting it back to the original HTTP
1.0 format before it passes the traffic back to IE user.

Server must not return HTTP/1.1 traffic for HTTP/1.0 request. If it does,
it's broken.

So it appears that my Squid proxy tries to convert to HTTP 1.0, but only
for IE sessions as Firefox users never have these issues, also Firefox
uses 1.1 anyhow, thus not requiring any conversions.

Any thoughts?  Is there any way to force or preserve the HTTP protocol
version to 1.1 on all connections, or preferably on a destination basis?

Squid is not HTTP/1.1 server, it's only HTTP/1.0. So, it does not convert
HTTP/1.1 requests.

Squid has many hacks to cope with broken servers, HTTP/1.1 responders included.

This appears to be a bug in IE with it not including such hacks to cope with 1.1 response to its 1.0 mode requests.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.2