Search squid archive

Re: Recommended Store Size

Nyamul Hassan wrote:
Thank you Chris for your response.  Greatly appreciate your advise.

However, in our system, the LRU Reference Age is around 3.5 days, and our combined cache_dir is 256GB. Does it mean we should upgrade?

Regards
HASSAN

I can't really give a yes or no answer, as there are a number of factors at play, including cost, added load on the spindles (drives), memory constraints, etc. That said, as long as your hit response time is lower than your current miss response time, adding more cache is not hurting anything.

Chris