Search squid archive

Re: User Access With Using A Squid Proxy

sounds like you have a bit of a hybrid solution going with the proxy.pac handling some of the ACL work. Depending on the size of user base you are dealing with, you could have various ACLs in squid based on client IP. Otherwise you might be looking at using one of the built-in squid auth mechanisms. NTLM auth might allow you to tie into AD.

bradb28 wrote:
I currently have 1 squid proxy i'm using for my company configured to block
all web access allowing only access to sites that I have on a proxy.pac file
which is located under var/www/html/proxy.pac I currently have 2 groups
within Active Directory. The first group is a managed user group which is
the group I point too the proxy to block all web access only allowing sites
approved on the proxy.pac file. The 2nd user group within Active directory
is a un-managed user group which have full access to the internet because
they don't point to the proxy. To make a long story short what I wanted to
know if it can be done and how.... Is there a way to continue blocking the
manage user group only allowing them access to websites on the proxy.pac
file and also start pointing the un-managed group to the same proxy giving
them total access to the internet but blocking various sites I.E. Porn
etc.... Or would it be better just to configure a second proxy and point the
un-managed users to it? Please advise
New Squid User