Search squid archive

Re: squid_ldap_auth and passwords in clear text

Johnson, S wrote:
Since this is going to be a "public" network, people will have the
ability to load wireshark or another sniffer program.

Ah, okay.

I just got the squid_ldap_auth working ok on my segment but when
watching the protocol analyzer I see that the auth requests against the
AD are coming in as clear text passwords.  Is there anyway we can
encrypt the ldap domain requests?

digest auth is the best available for password encryption.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.2