Search squid archive

RE: How to disable cache and verify, also performance issues

Ok, I've done this but how can I verify that the cache is not active. store.log is showing lots of activity, all GET requests.

I've also converted to COSS from AUFS, which now I am seeing a much better I/O response, but i still get these 3-4min issues where using the proxy makes browisng so slow. This happens randomly, once an hour, maybe one every couple hours...etc.

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalha~es [leolistas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:09 AM
To: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Nick Duda
Subject: Re:  How to disable cache and verify, also performance issues

Nick Duda escreveu:
> How can I properly disable caching and then verify it.

easy ... i have done that recently when running squid on VERY low-end
devices :)

first you'll have to recompile squid to include null storeio system:

'--enable-storeio=aufs,null'

them have:

cache_dir null /tmp

in your squid.conf and comment all other cache_dir lines, if they
exist.... there it goes, no disk caching at all. There still be some
caching, but in-memory only, so that should give you no I/O problems.

--

        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues

        Minha armadilha de SPAM, NA~O mandem email
        gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        My SPAMTRAP, do not email it