Search squid archive

Re: round robin question

On Sep 24, 2008, at 11:38 AM, Kinkie wrote:

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM, jeff donovan <donovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
greetings

How could I go about load balancing two or more transparent proxy squid
servers ?
No caching invloved. This is strictly for access.

i thought about dns round robin, but that didn't make sense since i am
forwarding all connections to a single interface.

any insight would be helpful

So both instances are running on the same (bridging?) system?
Can you give some more details?

I have 12 subnets coming off router 1 and 12 coming off router 2 each pass through a transparent squid.

I want to for better or worse " Mux " these two and add a 3rd box.

combine the 24 subnets ---> ( 3 squids ) --->

-j