Search squid archive

Re: COSS causing squid Segment Violation on FreeBSD 6.2S (store_io_coss.c)

Mark Powell wrote:
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Mark Powell wrote:
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Adrian Chadd wrote:

Don't load aio.ko; that way if squid tries using the POSIX AIO
routines it'll crash.

I should get around to removing those from Squid-2.HEAD (as the
implementation isn't "good enough" for the current way Squid does disk
IO) and reintroduce it later in a more sensibly abstracted disk IO
layer.

Yes, compile in aufs and coss together.

Well I found out what was causing the crashes. It was using the libthr library instead of libpthread. Now I have my first FreeBSD 7 squid server. FreeBSD 7 has done away with libpthread and libthr is all that seems to exist. Consequently the crashes are back.
  Any ideas how I can get around this in FreeBSD 7?
  Many thanks.

Can you report a bug on this please, so we don't forget it. with a stack trace when the crash is occuring.

Amos