Search squid archive

Re: wccp working config example

Nuno Silva wrote:
Hi there Dan.

I'm having the same problem, i have read many diferent 'recipes' to put wcccpv2 working on squid, but nothing yet.

In all posts I read, i done everything, ipforward set to 1, gre tunnel, iptables, and the only thing I can see is the browser message saying that the server is taking too long to respond

router#*sh ip wccp*

Global WCCP information:

    Router information:

        Router Identifier:                   194.xxx.xxx.xxx

        Protocol Version:                    2.0

    Service Identifier: web-cache

        Number of Cache Engines:             1

        Number of routers:                   1

        *_Total Packets Redirected:            1168_*

        Redirect access-list:                wccp-redirect

        Total Packets Denied Redirect:       51649

        Total Packets Unassigned:            11

        Group access-list:                   -none-

        Total Messages Denied to Group:      0

        Total Authentication failures:       0

        Total Bypassed Packets Received:     0

When the packets start to be redirect to the squid, I start getting delays…the the failing message L

On the Squid side, monitoring the gre1 tunnel, I can see incoming traffic:

gre1 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr C2-41-97-F9-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
          inet addr:127.0.0.2  P-t-P:127.0.0.2  Mask:255.255.255.255

          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1476  Metric:1

          *RX packets:38903* errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

          *RX bytes:5151686* (4.9 MiB)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

*squid:/home/pp# iptables -t nat -L*

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

target prot opt source destination REDIRECT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:www redir ports 3128

REDIRECT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:webcache redir ports 3128

REDIRECT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:8000 redir ports 3128

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

target prot opt source destination
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

target prot opt source destination

Try adding this to iptables:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE

also what is the status of these as relating to web traffic to/from squid:
 iptables -t filter -L *

Thing to look out for in Nuno's problem is traffic from the squid box being redirected back at itself anywhere down the chain. In squid box iptables and also the cisco box.

Amos

I need held to find out what’s wrong!

Router info:

IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-P-M), Version 12.2(25)S5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)