Search squid archive

Re: wccp working config example

> Hello,
>
> I have spent all day working on trying to get a working wccp config
> with squid and a 2811 router running (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M),
> Version 12.4(21)
>
> I have had it working before with a 2621 router running a 12.3 ios.
>
> I have read about 20 different posts/blogs with various different
> instructions.  If anyone has any configuration example or instruction
> list that is complete for a certain version of squid/linux/ios I would
> like to give it a try.

WCCP is a little tricky as there are three parts to the config and all
three are completely interchangeable depending on the hardware and squid
release involved.

We are building a section in the config examples wiki pages to help
though.  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept
The two pieces currently there already for WCCPv2 combine to a working
config Cisco->FreeBSD for reference. Some older examples not yet checked
and cleaned up are in http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples with Wccp
in their names.

If you get the config for your router going I'd be interested in adding
the bits for future reference.

Amos