Search squid archive

Re: Re: bad file caching

Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
Chris Robertson wrote:

Is this file changed daily?

Yep. Sometimes faster.

Huh... The refresh patterns are default. If the file was changed 24 hours ago, the refresh pattern would mark it fresh for less than 5 hours.

The default refresh_patterns will not keep an object (without expiry information) cached for more than three days.

I'm just curios, maybe some other headers can trigger that? Like negative ETag?

An ETag is just required to be a quoted string (http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.11). That shouldn't cause problems.

I'm just trying to understand is this some flaw in my config or it just should work this way.

It should not work this way by default... Share your config, and perhaps we can help find the cause.

Attached.

Nothing odd there. Just to verify, is this the conf file from utwig.xim.biz?

Henrik, Amos or someone else more knowledgeable than I, what are the debug_options to look at object age calculation? My bag of tricks is pretty much depleted...

Chris