Search squid archive

Re: reverse proxy and single sign-on

Chris Robertson wrote:
juan romero wrote:
Hello users

First I want to apologize if any of my questions has been asked already.

I have two web applications running on my lan, every application has a main page with a box where you introduce an user and a password in order to log in that application, The applications are company made so I can not access/modify the code.

I want to have a reverse proxy and a single sign-on so my costumers can connect to the applications from the internet, they will have just a main page and they will need just to introduce user and name once to log into a page that will link both applications, both user and password are the same in both applications.

I have never use Squid and I wan to know if Squid is the right solution (pros/cons) to accomplish the requirements I wrote already. I just don't know if using Squid will full fit all the goals with a regular (time/effort) investment. Any help or idea will be very nice from you people

Regards

Juan Romero

Without knowing anything about the applications, I'd have to guess that the login boxes they use each set a cookie (and a different cookie for each). The cookie corresponds to a "session" that the application keeps track of. There is no way for Squid to control such a session.

If the applications do or can be made to use Basic WWW-Authentication instead. Squid can use "login=PASS" (exact string) to send the clients login details to back-end servers.

Provided they are available from the same FQDN, both will receive the same details and only one login box to retrieve hem from the user.

Amos