Search squid archive

reverse proxy and single sign-on

Hello users

First I want to apologize if any of my questions has been asked already.

I have two web applications running on my lan, every application has a main page with a box where you introduce an user and a password in order to log in that application, The applications are company made so I can not access/modify the code.

I want to have a reverse proxy and a single sign-on so my costumers can connect to the applications from the internet, they will have just a main page and they will need just to introduce user and name once to log into a page that will link both applications, both user and password are the same in both applications.

I have never use Squid and I wan to know if Squid is the right solution (pros/cons) to accomplish the requirements I wrote already. I just don't know if using Squid will full fit all the goals with a regular (time/effort) investment.

Any help or idea will be very nice from you people

Regards

Juan Romero