Search squid archive

Re: Squid source port with tproxy

Amos,

I will hope for a response on the tpoxy list :-)

Thanks anyway,

Regards,
Ted

On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:12 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
What source port will a tproxy squid use for the client outbound request? I am hoping it should use the same source port as the client as it is supposed to be transparent, but would like to confirm that.

Squid uses exactly what client/source details it is given by the OS in a sockaddr. In full: IP, port, flow marks, etc. The port is not altered by squid.

Amos