Search squid archive

Re: RAM and Optimization Questions

Egi wrote:

We see that we averagely can save 18% of our total traffic (Highest: 7.5 Mbit of 35 Mbit) and this server has been running for 1 week (Now the disks are full).

How is it possible that the RAM gets more occupied when there isn't traffic? Also are our savings ok (18%)? Do you recommend any tuning options?

Thank You!
Hi,

There are two important parameters that affect the proxy to dramatically change its output and performance.....
    ~ range_offset_limit < >  and
    ~ quick_abort_min < >.

Coz: after setting this parameters to 0 I had more than 4 Mbps of Server In/Out Traffic reduced.

Hello all, can you help us here.

Regards,
Pritam