Search squid archive

Re: Squid as Reverse Proxy - Backend Server Issues

Hi

Thank you very much, after played around for sometime, concept about
caching are much clear now!

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 4:00 AM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is a default refresh_pattern in the code, equal to
> refresh_pattern .               0       20%     4320

1. Isn't this violating the standard (assuming the absence of squid as
reverse proxy)?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/http/http-caching-faq.html

expirationTime = responseTime + freshnessLifetime - currentAge

RFC 2616: If only LM can be used, freshness = value of the "Date"
header minus the value of the "Last-modified" header divided by 10...

2. Another interesting behavior I have tested is Squid will only store
cache if expire > 60, where this value can be set?

Thank very much.

Howard