Search squid archive

Re: Squid Link/Route probe

Etienne Pretorius wrote:
Hello all,

I am just wandering, if you have multiple uplinks to your provider can you make squid send a probe for each request on all the links and then let it use the fastest link to retrieve HTTP data? I suspect it is possible, but at this moment I do not see how.

Should be easy enough to extend the new pinger a little for that.
How would you see the configuration working? based on squid's configured tcp_outgoing_address(s)?

If you want to take it up, please do so or submit the idea as a feature request in bugzilla.

Amos