Search squid archive

Re: Allow web radio in an NTLM authorizing proxy

Luca Dell'Oca wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to let some users listen to a web radio through squid. The proxy
is working really well with ntlm authentication, I tried to create an acl
before ntlm section to allow the radio for everyone, but when the windows
media player starts buffering, it comes up with a login request for username
and password, and using ntlm credentials does not work. The media player is
correctly configured to use the browser settings.

The link is:
http://www.virginradioitaly.it/webradio/playerWebradio.jsp?cnl=4

And the website is allowed for everyone.
I've discovered that the stream appears in squid with an ip rather than a
url. I've adde a line for it like this:

acl AuthUser proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl allowedurls dstdomain "/etc/squid/allowedurls"
acl allowedip dst 151.1.245.1
http_access allow allowedurls AuthUser
http_access allow allowedip AuthUser
http_access allow allowedpages AuthUser

But I still get an error in my access.log (below)

Thanks in advance!!!
Luca.

<snip>

That config REQUIRES auth for all requests. It looks like the media player is not presenting the right credentials.

Did you remember to run "proxycfg -u" after the last browser config change?

Amos