Search squid archive

Re: change in source code

Adrian Chadd wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008, Guy Helmer wrote:

Is this true for 2.6? I had to enable dns_defnames in response to a customer requirement, and found that I had to rebuild 2.6.18 with --disable-internal-dns so dns_defnames would work.

Doesn't it pick that stuff up from /etc/resolv.conf w/ the external DNS
code?

Adrian
I expected it to do so, but browsing to unqualified local domain names didn't work on 2.6 until I rebuilt with --disable-internal-dns.

I think it worked as I expected in 3.0 (without having to rebuild with --disable-internal-dns), which is where I initially enabled dns_defnames for my own testing.

Guy

--
Guy Helmer, Ph.D.
Chief System Architect