Search squid archive

Re: Squid and 2 ISP

> Hi!
> I'm interesting in the following squid configuration.
> I need to pages (text/html, text/css and other objects with little size)
> have to download through ISP2 and other objects have to download through
> ISP1.

First problem is that the _reply_ type is not always known properly in the
_request_. By the time you have asked for an object its too late to change
the source.

You may be stuck with another acl type like urlpath_regex.

> Following configuration doesn't work:
> acl to_isp2 req_mime_type -i ^text/html$
>
> cache_peer isp1 parent 3128 0
> cache_peer isp2 parent 3128 0

Where you have isp1 and isp2 in the above should be either an IP address
or a full domain name of the upstream sources.
 You can use the name= option to set a shorter unique name to link the
lines below.
 ie:
cache_peer 0.2.3.4 parent 3128 0 name=isp1
cache_peer 0.2.3.5 parent 3128 0 name=isp2

> cache_peer_access isp1 allow !to_isp2
> cache_peer_access isp1 deny all
> cache_peer_access isp2 allow to_isp2
> cache_peer_access isp2 deny all

Requests by default also have the option of going 'DIRECT'.
You can disable that route by using either "always_direct deny all" or
"never_direct allow all"

Amos