Search squid archive

What is the best way to authenticate remote users with dynamic ip?

Hello, list.
I want to setup public proxy, that will serve clients from anywhere, after registration.
I will setup captive portal for authorization/registration and external authenticator,
that will check user validity, and redirect unauthorizated to captive portal.

I guess that simple basic/digest auth will be better choice, but I want to use captive portal,
so its no option for me, alas.

So I need some kind of session authentication.
For now I'm stick to cookie authentication, but not sure if it possible.
I can configure captive portal to set cookie and external helper to check for it,
but I believe client will not send that cookie until squid ask him,
and squid will not, are not he? What can I do it that case?

Is there any better way, to approach my target?

Thanks in advance, Roma.