Search squid archive

Re: rewrite URLs (was "hope squid provide development API")

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Ric <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  This looks interesting.  Am I understanding this correctly that Squid
>  HEAD can now rewrite urls without an external application?  Any ideas
>  how this might compare performance-wise against a dedicated external
>  app like squidGuard or Squirm (for simple URL rewrites)?  Will this
>  land in 2.7 soon?

Apache's API is doing this very well.
for example, under apache2.0 it can't rewrite an uri based on the
Accept-Encoding header (though it's possible in apache2.2), so I wrote
a filter within few minutes using apache's API to do that.
So I hope squid will provide the powserful developing API to the users too.:)