Search squid archive

Re: Caching files from Amazon S3

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008, Abidoon Nadeem wrote:
> Well I was using getright to download the image from the client end and it
> has an option which allows me to see the headers sent and recieved. However
> even when I try with a normal browser I still get the same issue. The
> images are not cached.

Thats fine - don't use getright to do your snooping. Use a web browser
and then wireshark/ethereal to snaffle the request/response headers.

Adrian

> >>Cache-Control: private, must-revalidate, max-age=0

This is a hint that squid is going to have to revalidate the object and
its almost guaranteed to try a revalidation request (if-none-match, if-modified-since,
etc.)

You'll have to do a tcpdump/ethereal/wireshark on the squid server, with full
packet body snapshotting, to see what Squid is trying to do.

Adrian