Search squid archive

Re: The requested URL could not be retrieved: invalid url

On 28.02.08 21:41, Dave Coventry wrote:
> I've managed to get squid working (without authentication as yet), but
> I have a really strange error.
>
> Whenever I access my apache server, squid removes the domain part of
> the URL and delivers an error.
>
> For example if I access my apache server
> http://myimaginarysite.dydns.org I get the following error:
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ snip ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL: /
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
>     * Invalid URL

I guess you are trying to use squid as intercepting proxy but didn't tell it
so. Look at "transparent" option for http_port directive

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them