Search squid archive

Re: dansguardian, squid, shorewall

Richard Pyne wrote:
On 9 Jan 2008 at 11:50, Amos Jeffries wrote:

Richard Pyne wrote:
Well, I solved my problem for now, I went back to squid 2.6, made NO configuration changes, and everything is working fine. So much for "improved" versions.
Are you sure 2.6 accepted those config lines? did you mean 2.5 works with that 2.5 syntax?

In 2.6 and 3.x the accelerator host stuff has been replaced by a single simple:

    http_port 80 accel vhost

As stated in the 2.6 release notes:
   http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/RELEASENOTES.html#s2

Amos

It did not accept the config lines, but even without them it works with DansGuardian whre squid 3.0 does not while using EXACTLY the same configuration with 2.6 and 3.0.

Okay, could you please post your config here:
  http://squid.treenet.co.nz/cf.check/
and see if there are any other problems.

Amos

--Richard

--Richard