Search squid archive

RE: design, wccp, hardware recommendations

The trick for support the thousand of user must be increasing the
ip_conntrack parameter of iptables and increase the max memory object size
in squid.conf

I had test with my DL380 G4 memory 4 GB dual XEON 3.2GHz load test with
webpolymix-4 the box can support with 10,000 concurrent ip client and
throughput increase that 300 MB/Sec (not Mbit/Sec)

My OS is Ubuntu 7.04 standard kernel and tuning sysctl.conf with web100
style.

I'm not use WCCP because it has many problem and difficult to troubleshoot
hello message and GRE but I had use the Foundry ServerIron for HQ and Policy
routing on Cisco because policy routing consume the router processor minimal
than WCCP process

Good luck